December is National Write a Business Plan Month. Whether you are thinking of starting a company or already have, do you have a business plan set in place? Did you say “no” or “kind of…”? Below, you can find a list of items imperative to making a plan for the success of you and your business.
- Executive Summary. Your full business plan: the profile, mission, and steps to reach your goals.
- Market Analysis. Research your industry.
- Company Description. What does your company specialize in? How are you different? Who is your audience?
- Managers and Employees. How many employees do you need? What are the processes and procedures?
- Marketing / Sales. How will you market yourself? Do you have a logo? Business cards? Website?
- What are you providing? What is the service or product you are selling? Go into detail to provide customers.
- Funding. Do you need funding to start your company? How much? Will you be able to afford the loan payments?
- Projections. What are your 1 yr, 3yr, 5yr and 10yr goals? What do you plan to earn, spend and profit? Are your mark-ups in line? Do you need more or fewer employees?…